Saturday 8 May 2010

The Road

I finally got the courage to do it. I have been thinking about it for months now and booked a double session with my therapist for Friday, I definitely need her with. On Wednesday, two days before, I had my DWT leaving do at the Mill On The Exe in Exeter. If I had taken 'the road' I would have been there in 25mins but instead I had to go via the motorway which took 45mins, it annoyed me! That was very helpful as it served to make me more determined to attempt the journey.
I have driven as far as the Ruffwell before so I was pretty much OK to there, although I did start to feel quite anxious when it started to rain as it was raining on the morning of the accident. I had it in my head that the Ruffwell was halfway but as I drove past the farm shop just after the Ruffwell it suddenly occurred to me that I was halfway to Exeter, not to the accident site and I was in fact only about a minute or two away from it. After stopping and chatting to my therapist I felt strong enough to continue with the journey.
My biggest concern was not knowing how I would feel or react.
It was really difficult and I was very very upset, a huge feeling of sadness overwhelmed me and I realised that this place is a memorial.
This is where I lost my soul mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment