Monday 27 February 2012

2012 already!

Blimey, just realised I haven't written since August last year!
Quite a lot has happened since then. I had a trial for the genium knee which was so fantastic that I bought one and I am now the first female user in the UK. I thought the C-leg was good but this is so much better.... affording me better stability, control and extra functionality, such as walking up stairs stair over stair! I've only had it since January so I am still learning it, and because of my limitations with sockets I still get the occasional blistering but it makes me feel much more secure and I haven't fallen over .. yet!
I have a cosmetic arm, I am trialing a 'guitar arm' and am looking forward to trialing a myo-electronic arm once my strength has increased in my right arm. Speaking of which my arm has improved so much, I am able to carry light objects under it, I can bend and flex my elbow and my arm is not as sub-luxed. This is all due to weekly physio, hydro and bi-weekly acupuncture. It's hard work and absorbs my life but while I continue to see improvements it's worthwhile. Unfortunately the pain in my arm has not improved and I have been offered an electrical implant, their results have been very successful so I am hoping to have that procedure later this year.
I am volunteering at the local hospital charity shop two mornings a month, it's good for my social rehabilitation but I'm still struggling to come to terms with myself so social situations are still quite difficult.
Another Christmas, wedding anniversary and valentines day have passed ... Christmas is the worst, even with all the family around me I felt so lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment