Tuesday 19 July 2011

It's been a while

Quite a lot has happened since my last post. I have had my arm amputation and although I still have the same nerve pain it was definately the right thing to do. I no longer have to carry a useless arm around with me and my 'residual limb', more commonly known as my right arm, has regained a lot of movement. I have physio and hydrotherapy every week and I am gradually regaining more and more use. I have a cosmetic prosthetic arm which I am able to support and the weight of it is helping with my recovery.
I am getting more and more used to my prosthetic leg but my 'residual limb', right leg, is shrinking, that happens with the type of socket I have, add to that the fact that I've lost weight. So I am still strugging with socket fit and have to get another made. Hopefully once that is done my mobility will increase.
I've moved! It was a battle to get the funding from the insurers, who gave me an interim way short of the purchase price, but with a little bit of creative thinking and help from the parents I managed to get the money together and I moved in just before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment